How to Create a LabCourse – LII 002
This brief course provides useful information on how to create and edit course content on LabCourses.com, which provides a learning management system (LMS) as part of the site. Learn how to create courses, lessons, topics, quizzes, and questions as well as embed media into your content.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- use the front-end interface to create course content.
- add images, video, links, and wiki content to your course content.
- view and edit your created content.
This course constitutes five lessons, each covering an aspect of course development on this site.
Additionally, a sixth lesson is included as a review of all the previously discussed content.
The following reading material is recommended for this course:
- Ferriman, J. (17 September 2013). "Guide to Online Course Design [INFOGRAPHIC]". LearnDash Blog. LearnDash.
- Ferriman, J. (1 December 2014). "Key Tips for Course Development". LearnDash Blog. LearnDash.
- Grace, J. (25 June 2014). "Choosing a Learning Management System Plugin for WordPress (Part 3 – LearnDash)". ManageWP Blog. ManageWP, LLC.
Students will best utilize this course via the desktop or laptop environment. While every effort has been made to make this course compatible with mobile platforms, they often provide challenges with embedded browser content like Adobe Flash videos and PDFs. This seems especially true in the Android environment.
Authors and Contributors
Shawn Douglas is the author of this course.