OSHA Subject Expert in Scientific Laboratory Information Technology Network Design and Implementation
Solicitation Number: DOL-1650-DIT-19-NAT-0044
Agency: Department of Labor
Office: Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management
Location: Office of Procurement Services
Project title: Subject Expert in Scientific Laboratory Information Technology Network Design and Implementation in support of OSHA Technical Support and Emergency Management Programs
PURPOSE OF RFI:
The purpose of this RFI is to gather information about potential solutions to achieve the following high-level objectives:
• Upgrading OSHA’s analytical chemistry and other scientific instruments to improve system operability and efficiency
• Reviewing current laboratory data generation, handling, and storage systems to plan for an integrated laboratory information management system that provides digital traceability of analytical results, analytical reagents and standards, instruments (including configurations and settings), calibrations, and verification of analyst training and competence.
• Establishing an OSHA laboratory network in the Department of Labor’s Cloud
• Establishing a data warehouse of existing and new measurement results
• Developing reporting tools to harvest test results and view trends/patterns
• Staff training on the new laboratory network/data repository and the new data analysis and reporting tools
Response to this RFI will be reviewed by DOL for their applicability to the Government’s need and determined to be “Relevant” or “Irrelevant” to the above problem. Offerors of “Relevant” responses may be requested to demonstrate their approach and/or product to a Government panel of Subject Matter Experts to help DOL determine the best approach.