"First, learn about the FDA’s Role in increasing the availability and reliability of ASTs:
* The 21st Century Cures Act and ASTs
* Introduction to the FDA breakpoint recognition/identification process and the FDA Interpretive Criteria Webpages
* Improving AST availability for new antibacterial drugs
* Working together to update breakpoints for patient care and public health
Then, learn about CLSI’s commitment to ensure updated and new breakpoints are available to clinical laboratories:
* Review the CLSI’s rationale document process
* Discuss how laboratories can use the rationale documents in day to day practice
* Explore how laboratories can participate in the process to ensure ASTs are available in a timely manner"
"Eurofins TestAmerica is offering this 4 Part Webinar Series to review the basic tenants for a project team to interface and communicate with an environmental testing laboratory to execute a successful sampling project. These webinars are offered as an additional tool to support individuals who may be starting their career in the environmental field and will be interfacing with an environmental testing laboratory. These webinars are also appropriate for the seasoned professional who may be looking for a refresher in this area. This 4 Part Webinar Series can be viewed individually or as a series."
"What You Will Learn:
* What are the options available to the project team for the delivery of project data?
* What is the importance of the report narrative?
* What report formats options are available?
* What are the electronic data deliverable options?
* How can data be accessed online via a data portal, such as TotalAccess?"
"Digital transformation in healthcare is the new reality, and Internet of Things (IOT) is at the forefront of that transformation, changing the fabric of how care is given and received.
Consumers are engaging differently with their healthcare - telehealth, connected devices and analytics are enhancing patient outcomes and engagement, while enabling clinicians to deliver better, faster care.
We’ll discuss best practices that can help providers modernize their environments and personalize care by leveraging technology and the data it produces to improve clinical effectiveness, cut costs and provide the highest quality of care.
Join us to:
* Hear about how empowered patients are orchestrating their personal health and wellbeing, and how that is powering digital transformation in healthcare
* Understand key technology enablers in today’s healthcare environment, and how IOT and analytics are impacting the future of patient experience and clinician engagement
* Learn how your peers are accessing, managing and learning from data to improve clinical workflows, decision support and clinical collaboration"
"Genomics, personalized medicine and cost stewardship are just a few of the forces behind the need for better management of discrete testing information. This presentation will focus on a brief history of computing in the clinical laboratory, progress through some key middleware terms to know and understand, discuss some practical applications in the molecular laboratory and conclude with a brief list of best-in-class attributes to consider as you contemplate adding this technology to your busy molecular laboratory. Terms such as AutoVerification, Reflex Testing and Rules Validation will be covered, as well as an introduction to key concepts contained in CLSI support documents AUTO010-A and AUTO08A.
* At the end of the presentation the participant should be able to classify the role of middleware in the context of LIS and EHR data sharing and reporting.
* At the end of the presentation the learner should be able to compare and contrast the functional benefits of adding middleware to their busy molecular laboratory.
* At the end of the presentation: the learner should be able to identify and define a basic validation plan to satisfy local and regional requirements including CLSI guidance."
"Healthcare organizations continue to undergo major digital transformation throughout the continuum of care. Technology, business processes, new government mandates, industry consolidation, and strong consumerism-driven healthcare are just a few of the key underlying forces that continue to fuel the much needed changes in the healthcare space. In fact, technology is one of the primary drivers behind the innovation engine in the healthcare space. Healthcare IT budgets are expected to grow by 20 percent or more over the next couple of years, and two-thirds of healthcare executives said that they are leading their peer group in digital transformation. Several initiatives to change or modify their technology so operations are more efficient, more secure, and more cost-effective are well underway.
Be sure to join us for this webinar to learn first-hand how organizations such as Seattle Children’s Hospital and Hastings Prince Edward Health transformed IT. In this session, you’ll learn how to:
* Leverage IT spending priorities such as IT infrastructure modernization, big data analytics, and AI/ML to enrich patient and care provider experience
* Meet the needs of the diverse and growing set of mission-critical applications (both clinical and IT)
* Simplify IT operations and management
* Improve application performance, availability, and security"
"In the recent decade, mass spectrometry has become the method of choice for certain laboratory tests, like steroid hormones, pain management drugs, and some small proteins/peptides analysis. As a common concern, measurements of steroid molecules and protein biomarkers in the clinical laboratory suffer from inaccuracy at low levels and poor specificity, due to a variety of interfering metabolites and binding proteins. Accurate and reliable analysis is often of essential importance on disease diagnosis and treatment. Mass spectrometry provides advantages of analyzing steroids and proteins with high sensitivity and specificity, thus improves laboratory test quality for clinical use. With emerging new techniques in mass spectrometry, its application can be expanded to more areas, including more comprehensive protein biomarker analysis and multiplex analysis with computer algorithm. The continuous development and implementation of mass spectrometry start to change clinical laboratory more substantially, and also start to change clinical operations even outside the laboratories."Find out more »
"There is an accelerating trend in biomedical research and drug discovery to improve on the standard methods of in vitro cell culture. Cells cultured on a 2D surface provide great access for studying biological processes, introducing environmental or genetic perturbations, and quantifying a cellular response.
However, the micro-environment of these cells differs greatly from the complex and highly organized 3D environment found in vivo. Recent studies have shown cells behave differently when cultured in a more physiologically relevant environment that closely mimics the functional and morphological properties of organs and tissues. These 3D models are believed to be more predictive of true cell behavior in humans.
In this webinar, we’ll address the challenges faced when imaging 3D cultures in a high-throughput setting."Find out more »
"The process of obtaining and maintaining a career in nursing informatics often yields many questions from ANIA members. This open forum is being held to assist members who may have questions related to jobs, career strategies, and education. During this session, we will invite attendees to submit questions online. Answers to questions submitted and career guidance will be provided by seasoned informatics nurses who have experience in academia and industry."Find out more »