ISO 17025- 7.8.4 Specific requirements for calibration certificates

« Back to Previous Page

Please to read the entire article.

Marked as spam
Posted by Suresh Kumar (Discussions: 1, Comments: 0)
Replied on October 11, 2018 11:21 pm

7.8.4.1 is a ”shall” statement, which means it is required. I have not been through an audit with the new 2017 standard, but the way I read it, you would be required to report the uncertainty on each report, regardless of request.

(Jordan Shaw at October 12, 2018 3:20 pm)

Hi Jordan, thanks for helping out on this post. Hope all is well.

(John Jones at October 12, 2018 4:17 pm)
Private comment

Good evening. I am an auditor and I went through a few audits with the new norm. It is indeed a shall but you have several ways to handle this.

You can specify that you report values without the uncertainty but you must mention that it is available.

You can avoid to use it BUT it is better to manage this and have a customer info/approbation before issuing reports

In some firelds of application (water in Europe), if you respect the performance requirements of the regulation, you can even report conform/not conform status of a parameter without taking into account the uncertainty, if you do not comply with the regulation, you must report a value and it’s uncertainty

Marked as spam
Posted by Vincent Laurent (Discussions: 1, Comments: 11)
Replied on November 14, 2018 4:10 pm
Private comment

Small correction : for calibration certificate, uncertainty is a must !, my remrks are mainly for test reports, sorry

Marked as spam
Posted by Vincent Laurent (Discussions: 1, Comments: 11)
Replied on November 14, 2018 4:19 pm
« Back to Previous Page