Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|Edited by||Jeanne E. Pemberton|
Paul W. Bohn
Nancy L. Allbritton
|History||2008–present, 13 years old|
Annual Reviews (US)
|ISO 4||Annu. Rev. Anal. Chem.|
The Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry is a peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes an annual volume of review articles relevant to analytical chemistry. It was established in 2008 and is published by Annual Reviews.
The Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry was first published in 2008 by nonprofit publisher Annual Reviews. Its founding editors were Edward S. Yeung and Richard N. Zare. Though it began with a physical editiion, it is now only published electronically.
Scope and indexing
The Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry defines its scope as covering significant developments in analytical chemistry, drawing from the related disciplines of biology, engineering, and physics. As of 2019, Journal Citation Reports lists the journal's impact factor as 7.023, ranking it sixth of 86 journals in the category "Chemistry, Analytical" and third of 42 in "Spectroscopy". It is abstracted and indexed in Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, EMBASE, MEDLINE, and Academic Search, among others.
The Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry is helmed by the editor or the co-editors. The editor is assisted by the editorial committee, which includes associate editors, regular members, and occasionally guest editors. Guest members participate at the invitation of the editor, and serve terms of one year. All other members of the editorial committee are appointed by the Annual Reviews board of directors and serve five-year terms. The editorial committee determines which topics should be included in each volume and solicits reviews from qualified authors. Unsolicited manuscripts are not accepted. Peer review of accepted manuscripts is undertaken by the editorial committee.
List of editors
- Edward S. Yeung and Richard N. Zare (2008–2010)
- Yeung and R. Graham Cooks (2011–2012)
- Cooks and Jeanne Pemberton (2013–2015)
- Pemberton and Paul Bohn (2016–2020)
- Pemberton, Bohn, and Nancy L. Allbritton (2021–present)
Current editorial board
As of 2021, the editorial committee consists of the three co-editors and the following members:
- Annual Review of Biochemistry
- Annual Review of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Annual Review of Physical Chemistry
- "Journal Impact Factors". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Yeung, Edward S.; Zare, Richard N. (2008). "Preface". Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry. 1. doi:10.1146/annurev.ac.061308.100001.
- "Expected Publication Dates". Annual Reviews. 22 January 2021. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry". MIAR. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Editorial Principles and Policies". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Information for Unsolicited Authors and Reviewers". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- Infozentrum Chemie | Biologie | Pharmazie. "Infozentrum: Katalog". infozentrum.ethz.ch (in German). Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry, Current Editorial Committee". Annual Reviews. Retrieved 22 January 2021.