Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|Headquarters||Sluisweg 2 bus 5, Gent, Belgium|
|Number of locations||6|
|Parent||CliniSys Group Limited|
In February 2011, MIPS acquired the property of Gespower SA—including its LIS GesLab—after it went bankrupt. The company planned to assist abandoned GesLab users and help them transition to GLIMS, MIPS' LIS offering.
In February 2015, MIPS acquired MCS-LDS, the Germany-based laboratory information systems business unit of MCS AG, know for their products Vianova Labor and PROMED Open/X-PROMED.
On October 26, 2015, Sunquest Information Systems, Inc. announced that its parent company Roper Technologies had acquired both CliniSys Group Limited and Atlas Medical. The press release noted, however, that "[c]ompletion of the CliniSys acquisition is dependent upon receiving approval from the competition authorities in Germany and the United Kingdom," and that "[c]ollaboration between Sunquest and CliniSys will not begin until formal approval is received."
Technology and products
GLIMS, DaVinci, Leonardo, and CyberLab
GLIMS is a laboratory information system (LIS) that acts as an "automation system for order-entry, instrument communication, results processing and validation, quality control, results communication, reconciliation and invoicing, payment follow-up and statistics." The company claims GLIMS "is used by over 15,000 people across 17 countries in 10 different languages."
DaVinci is a LIS-like "pathology process and workflow system tailored for pathology services" that "enhances your lab’s productivity by supporting an optimised workflow, minimising manipulation and administrative work, and improving turnaround time and operational efficiency." DaVinci also integrates Leonardo, a "digital pathology collaboration network – fully integrated in its pathology process and workflow system DaVinci" that "enables pathologists to share cases and their related digital slides and images with colleagues worldwide." Also integrated with DaVinci is a financial management module called MonaLisa.
Demonstration videos and other media
The following demo videos are available for MIPS products:
- MIPS DaVinci - Your pathology process and workflow system
- MIPS Leonardo - Your digital pathology collaboration network
- "About MIPS". MIPS NV. 2000. Archived from the original on 25 May 2000. https://web.archive.org/web/20000609104950/http://www.mips.be/. Retrieved 03 August 2015.
- "CliniSys acquires European LIMS leader". DigitalHealth.net. Digital Health Intelligence Limited. 18 July 2005. https://www.digitalhealth.net/2005/07/clinisys-acquires-european-lims-leader/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "CliniSys acquires MIPS, a leading European pathology software supplier". Pathology in Practice. Step Communications Ltd. 21 July 2005. https://www.pathologyinpractice.com/story/15969/clinisys-acquires-mips-a-leading-european-pathology-software-supplier. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "MIPS strengthens presence in Germany with acquisition of MCS-LDS, laboratory information systems business unit of MCS AG". MIPS NV. 25 February 2015. https://www.mips.be/international/news-and-events/news/2015/mips-strengthens-presence-in-germany-with-acquisition-of-mcs-lds,-laboratory-information-systems-business-unit-of-mcs-ag/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Sunquest Announces Roper Technologies' Acquisition of CliniSys and Atlas Medical". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association LLC. 26 October 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sunquest-announces-roper-technologies-acquisition-of-clinisys-and-atlas-medical-300165958.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Manning, M. (26 October 2015). "The Sarasota tech powerhouse that just keeps growing". Tampa Bay Business Journal. American City Business Journals. https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/10/26/the-sarasota-tech-powerhouse-that-just-keeps.html. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Montagu Private Equity announces the sale of CliniSys to Roper Technologies". Montagu Private Equity LLP. 07 January 2016. https://www.montagu.com/news/montagu-private-equity-announces-the-sale-of-clinisys-to-roper-technologies/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Roper Technologies Acquires CliniSys". CliniSys. 26 January 2016. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/international/news-and-events/news/2016/roper-acquires-clinisys/. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "GLIMS: The most widely-used laboratory information system in Europe". MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/be/en/solutions/clinical-laboratory-solutions/. Retrieved 07 May 2013.
- "DaVinci: Your pathology process and workflow system" (PDF). MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/media/428475/davinci-your-pathology-process-and-workflow-system.pdf. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Leonardo: Your digital pathology collaboration network" (PDF). MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/media/428476/leonardo-your-digital-pathology-collaboration-network.pdf. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "MonaLisa: The autonomous financial management system for your pathology lab". MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/be/en/solutions/pathology-solutions/financial-management/. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "CyberLab: Web-based order entry and result reporting" (PDF). MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/media/60424/cyberlab_module_document_en.pdf. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "GLIMS: Connecting Laboratory Information Management to the Future" (PDF). MIPS NV. http://www.clinisysgroup.com/media/58752/glims_en_final_brochure.pdf. Retrieved 03 August 2015.