Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|Headquarters||Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden|
Myfab is a Swedish research cooperative that "offers distributed high-quality cleanroom facilities and associated expertise for advanced research and education to researchers and product developers at universities and high tech industries." The group also offers a customized version of their Myfab LIMS, though little is known about the acquisition process.
The Myfab network was established in 2004, with Chalmers, KTH, and Uppsala University banding together to create a coalition that would help researchers "to avoid duplication of expensive equipment, to provide local and open access to the whole network, to apply harmonized user fees, instrument classes as well as back-up standard processes enabling cross-disciplinary synergies."
Technology and products
Myfab LIMS is a laboratory information management system designed "for cleanrooms at univeristies or small institutes" and was "developed within the Swedish research infrastructure for micro and nano fabrication." The LIMS was purpose built for the Myfab network of cleanrooms, but a custom version is supposedly available upon inquiry.
If you are interested in working in the three Myfab labs and using their system, pricing information can be found here.
Pricing for your own customized version of Myfab LIMS is unknown.
Demonstration videos and other media
- "Myfab - About Us". Myfab. http://www.myfab.se/Myfab/Aboutus.aspx. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Myfab - Realize your nano vision". Myfab. http://www.myfab.se/Myfab.aspx. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Myfab - History and Future". Myfab. http://www.myfab.se/Start/HistoryFuture.aspx. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Myfab LIMS". Myfab. http://myfablims.se/. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Myfab LIMS Online Manual". Myfab. http://myfablims.se/LIMSManual.aspx. Retrieved 25 September 2013.