Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
University of California - Irvine
|Location||Irvine, California, United States|
|Colors||Blue and gold|
University of California, Irvine (UCI, UC Irvine, or Irvine), is a public research university located in Irvine, California, United States, and it's one of the 10 campuses in the University of California (UC) system. The university also administers the UC Irvine Medical Center, a large teaching hospital in Orange, and its affiliated health sciences system — the University of California, Irvine, Arboretum — and a portion of the University of California Natural Reserve System. UC Irvine is classified as a research university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled nearly 31,000 students, and it ranked 39 among national universities and ninth in "Top Public Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
The following bioinformatics-related options exist for potential students:
- Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Bioinformatics
- Two years; "The BIT graduate and postdoctoral fellow training program is administered by the campus-wide Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics and coordinated with existing graduate degree programs in five Schools (Biological Sciences, Medicine, Engineering, Information and Computer Sciences, and Physical Sciences). The BIT Program provides graduate and postdoctoral training in either computational or life sciences, along with working competence in the cross-discipline."
- Available online? No
- Program URL: http://www.igb.uci.edu/education/program.html
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "University of California--Irvine". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/uc-irvine-1314. Retrieved 28 November 2016.