Ask the Consultants: Instrument Integration Advice
It is well established within the laboratory informatics community that integrating your lab instruments to your LIMS is an industry best practice. The benefits one can realize through instrument integration include:
- Improving lab and technician efficiency
- Reducing sample turnaround time, increasing sample throughput
- Increasing researcher effectiveness (do more science)
- Increasing data quality through the elimination of transcription errors
- Increasing regulatory compliance and data integrity
- Improving user and stakeholder satisfaction
Many laboratory organizations, although cognizant of the benefits, end up putting off integrating their lab instruments to their LIMS. This is often relegated to Phase 2 of the LIMS project which often never gets kicked off, which is bad news. If you are one of those labs that have not integrated your instruments to your LIMS, and realize those benefits.
Please to read the entire article.