Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|Location||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Colors||Red, gray, and black|
Northeastern University (NU, formerly NEU) is a private non-profit research university in Boston, Massachusetts, established in 1898. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs on its main campus in the Fenway-Kenmore, Roxbury, South End, and Back Bay neighborhoods of Boston. The university has satellite campus in Charlotte, North Carolina, Seattle, Washington, and Silicon Valley, California that exclusively offer graduate degrees. NDSU is classified as a research university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled 19,940 students, and it ranked 39 among national universities and seventh in "Most Innovative Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
The following bioinformatics-related options exist for potential students:
- M.S. in Bioinformatics
- 32 credit hours, completed in roughly one to two years
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: http://www.northeastern.edu/bioinformatics/
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- M.S. in Health Informatics
- 33 credit hours, completed in roughly one to two years; comes with "advanced standing" option at 27 credit hours and an "ALIGN program" option at 39 credit hours
- Available online? Partially
- Program URL: http://www.ccis.northeastern.edu/program/health-informatics-ms/ and http://catalog.northeastern.edu/graduate/health-sciences/interdisciplinary/health-informatics-ms-align/
- Ph.D. in Personal Health Informatics
- ?? credit hours, completed in four to five years
- Available online? No
- Program URL: http://phi.neu.edu/
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Northeastern University". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northeastern-university-2199. Retrieved 17 November 2016.