Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|President||John F. Williams|
|Location||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, located in central Brooklyn, New York, is the only academic medical center for health education, research, and patient care serving Brooklyn’s residents. Downstate Medical Center comprises a College of Medicine, Colleges of Nursing and Health Related Professions, Schools of Graduate Studies and Public Health, and University Hospital of Brooklyn. It also includes a major research complex and biotechnology facilities. The university enrolled 1,751 students, and its M.S.N. program ranked 88 among graduate schools according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- M.S. in Medical Informatics
- 39 credit hours, including internship and master's essay, completed in roughly two years
- Available online? No
- Program URL: https://www.downstate.edu/health-professions/informatics/index.html
- "SUNY Downstate Medical Center: Facts at a Glance". SUNY Downstate Medical Center. http://www.downstate.edu/sunyintro/suny_facts.html. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "SUNY Downstate Medical Center". U.S. News & World Report - Graduate Schools. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-graduate-schools/suny-health-science-center-at-brooklyn-196255. Retrieved 22 November 2016.