Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|President||William D. Law|
|Location||St. Petersburg, Florida, United States|
St. Petersburg College (commonly referred to as SPC, formerly known as St. Petersburg Junior College or SPJC) is a state college in Pinellas County, Florida. It is part of the Florida College System, and is one of the institutions in the system designated a "state college," as it offers a greater number of four-year bachelor's degrees than traditional two-year community colleges focused on associate's degrees.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- A.S. in Health Information Technology
- 70 credit hours; "Before entering the first term of the Health Information Technology 'program courses' students must complete a minimum of 12 credits from the General Education and/or Support Courses of the Health Information Technology curriculum."
- Available online? Offered completely online except for professional practice courses, which are arranged at health care facilities near you.
- Program URL: http://www.spcollege.edu/HIT/
- Pre-baccalaureate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics
- 24 credit hours; "Transferable to an Associate's Degree in Health Information Management"
- Available online? Unknown
- Program URL: http://www.spcollege.edu/informatics-cert/