Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
University of California - Riverside
|Chancellor||Kim A. Wilcox|
|Location||Riverside, California, United States|
|Colors||Sky blue and gold|
University of California, Riverside (UCR or UC Riverside), is a public research university and one of the 10 general campuses of the University of California system. The main campus is located in a suburban district of Riverside, California, United States, with a branch campus in Palm Desert. The university offers more than 100 Bachelor's degree programs, 50 Master's degree programs, and 40 Ph.D. programs, as well as 13 California teaching and administrative credential programs. UCR is classified as a research university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled more than 21,500 students, and it ranked 118 among national universities and 56 in "Top Public Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
The following bioinformatics-related options exist for potential students:
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Genomics & Bioinformatics
- ?? credit hours; "After completing a core curriculum composed of introductory classes in all three areas of genetics, genomics and bioinformatics, students have the opportunity to specialize in one or more experimental or computational disciplines. This includes training in molecular genetics, systems biology, evolutionary genetics, genomics and bioinformatics."
- Available online? No
- Program URL: http://ggb.ucr.edu/
- "In the Heart of Inland Southern California". UC Riverside. https://www.ucr.edu/about/facts.html. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "University of California--Riverside". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/ucr-1316. Retrieved 28 November 2016.