Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
University of Louisville
|Location||Louisville, Kentucky, United States|
|Colors||Red, black, yellow, and gray|
University of Louisville (UofL) is a public university in Louisville, Kentucky, United States and is a member of the Kentucky state university system. When founded in 1798, it was the first city-owned public university in the United States and one of the first universities chartered west of the Allegheny Mountains. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs across its 12 schools and departments. The university is classified as a research university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled more than 21,000 students, and it ranked 171 among national universities and 90 in "Top Public Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
The following bioinformatics-related options exist for potential students:
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Specialization in Bioinformatics
- ?? credit hours
- Available online? No
- Program URL: http://bioinformatics.louisville.edu/phd/
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "University of Louisville". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-louisville-1999. Retrieved 30 November 2016.