Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
University of Maine
|President||Susan J. Hunter|
|Location||Orono, Maine, United States|
|Colors||Dark blue, light blue, and white|
University of Maine (also referred to as UMaine or Maine) is a public research university located in Orono, Maine, United States. The university offers 100 undergraduate, 80 master's, and 30 doctoral programs across its eight colleges, schools, and divisions. UMaine is classified as a research university with high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled nearly 11,000 students, and it ranked 183 among national universities and 99 in "Top Public Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
The following bioinformatics-related options exist for potential students:
- P.S.M. in Bioinformatics
- 30 credit hours; "The applied field experience will integrate computer science, mathematics, biomedical sciences and plus element courses into a project that is relevant to the students’ current or future employment."
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: http://gsbse.umaine.edu/programs/psm-bioinformatics
- "Quick Facts". University of Maine. https://umaine.edu/about/quick-facts-2/. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "University of Maine". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-maine-2053. Retrieved 30 November 2016.