Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|Location||Worcester, Massachusetts, United States|
|Colors||Blue, white, and black|
University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS or UMass Worcester) is one of five campuses of the University of Massachusetts system, located in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States. It is home to three schools: the School of Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the Graduate School of Nursing, as well as a biomedical research enterprise and a range of public-service initiatives throughout the state. The university enrolled nearly 31,000 students, and it ranked 82 among national universities and 33 in "Top Public Schools" according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings. The university enrolled 1,046 students (2015), and its primary care medicine program ranked 16 according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
The following bioinformatics-related options exist for potential students:
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- ?? credit hours; "The PhD program is a full-time program with an average time to completion of 6.2 years."
- Available online? No
- Program URL: https://www.umassmed.edu/gsbs/prospective-students/bioinformatics--computational-biology/program-overview/
- "University of Iowa". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-iowa-1892. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- "A Glimpse at the University of Massachusetts Medical School". University of Massachusetts Medical School. http://www.umassmed.edu/about/facts/. Retrieved 02 December 2016.
- "University of Massachusetts--Worcester". U.S. News & World Report - Best Graduate Schools. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/university-of-massachusetts-medical-school-worcester-166708. Retrieved 02 December 2016.