Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
University of Pennsylvania
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Colors||Red and blue|
University of Pennsylvania (commonly known as Penn or UPenn) is a private non-profit university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. The school is organized into 12 schools offering undergraduate and graduate programs. UPenn is classified as a research university with very high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled more than 21,000 students, and it ranked eighth among all national universities and first for its business programs according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- M.S.N. Minor in Health Informatics
- ~12 credit hours over four courses; "This minor meets the education requirement needed to apply for the National Certification Exam in Informatics (offered by the ANCC)."
- Available online? No
- Program URL: http://www.nursing.upenn.edu/health-informatics-minor/index.php
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 07 December 2016.
- "University of Pennsylvania". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-pennsylvania-3378. Retrieved 07 December 2016.