Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
University of South Alabama
| unknown = | preview = Page using Template:Infobox university with unknown parameter "_VALUE_"|ignoreblank=y | academic_affiliation| academic_affiliations| academic_staff| address| administrative_staff| affiliation| affiliations| athletics| athletics_nickname| athletics_nicknames| budget| campus| caption| chairman| chairperson| chancellor| city| closed| colors| colours| coordinates| coor| country| dean| director| doctoral| embedded| endowment| enrollment| established| faculty| footnotes| former_name| former_names| founder| founders| free| free_label| head| head_label| image| image_alt| image_name| image_size| language| latd| latin_name| latitude| latm| latNS| lats| linkedin| location| logo| logo_alt| logo_size| longd| longEW| longitude| longm| longs| map_size| mascot| mascots| module| motto| motto_lang| mottoeng| name| native_name| native_name_lang| nickname| nrhp| officer_in_charge| other| other_name| other_names| other_students| parent| postalcode| postcode| postgrad| president| principal| province| provost| pushpin_label_position| pushpin_map| pushpin_map_caption| rector| religious_affiliation| sporting_affiliations| sports| sports_nickname| sports_nicknames| staff| state| students| superintendent| type| undergrad| vice_chancellor| vice-president| website| zipcode| }} University of South Alabama (USA or South) is a public research university located in Mobile, Alabama, United States. The university is organized into 10 colleges and schools plus the different elements that make up USA Health, offering "more than 100 undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs." USA is classified as a research university with high research activity by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. The university enrolled more than 16,000 students, and it ranked 88 for its engineering programs according to U.S. News & World Report's 2016 rankings.
Health and clinical informatics
The following health/clinical informatics options exist for potential students:
- B.S. in Health Informatics
- ??? credit hours, 75 of which are related to the major
- Available online? Unknown
- Program URL: http://www.southalabama.edu/bulletin/current/degrees-programs/information-systems-and-technology/health-informatics-bs/
- Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
- ?? credit hours over five classes
- Available online? Unknown
- Program URL: http://www.southalabama.edu/bulletin/current/degrees-programs/information-systems-and-technology/health-informatics-certificate/
The following nursing informatics options exist for potential students:
- M.S.N. in Nursing Informatics
- 37 credit hours; also available as nursing informatics RN to MSN
- Available online? Yes
- Program URL: http://www.southalabama.edu/colleges/con/msn/informatics.html
- D.N.P. in Nursing Informatics
- Credit hours may vary; available as two types of nursing informatics MSN to DNP as well as a BSN to DNP
- Available online? Partially
- Program URL: http://www.southalabama.edu/colleges/con/dnp/informaticsdnp.html
- "Quick Facts". University of South Alabama. http://www.southalabama.edu/aboutusa/quickfacts.html. Retrieved 08 December 2016.
- "Standard Listings". Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Indiana University. http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/standard.php. Retrieved 08 December 2016.
- "University of South Alabama". U.S. News & World Report - Best Colleges. U.S. News & World Report LLP. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/south-alabama-1057. Retrieved 08 December 2016.