Informatics Educational Institutions & Programs
|Founder(s)||Phillip T. Ragon|
One Memorial Drive|
Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Number of locations||34|
InterSystems Corporation develops and distributes enterprise, infrastructural, healthcare, and laboratory informatics software.
In 2015, InterSystems began to slowly release information about a new laboratory information system (LIS) that would be marketed as a "laboratory business management system (LBMS)." The company stated "modern, agile information systems that enable the laboratory to capture, share, analyse and act upon vast amounts of detailed data will be required to run a smart business," and the LBMS would helps solve that. The LBMS would allegedly improve interconnection of a lab to the healthcare system, provide more comprehensive patient records, offer data analysis tools, and provide enterprise resource planning (ERP) functionality. The product will be called TrakCare Lab Enterprise, and several demonstrations across the United Kingdom were scheduled in April 2016. As of March 31, 2016, it's not clear if the product will be available in the U.S. and if so when.
Technology and products
HealthShare is strategic health information exchange software designed to interconnect hospitals and integrated delivery networks, as well as regional and national health information exchanges.
TrakCare is a modular LIS-like health informatics system "empowers you to deliver seamless patient care across your organization, improving safety, efficiency, and patient experience." Much of the clinical LIS functionality resides in the "TrakCare CIS Foundation" module of the software.
TrakCare Lab Enterprise is LIS-like software (marketed as a "laboratory business management system [LBMS]") that "makes your laboratory an information-driven, connected business."
Demonstration videos and other media
- Wilkinson, M. (August 2015). "Transformation in the laboratory market drives systems innovation" (PDF). Pathology in Practice. http://www.intersystems.com/assets/Pathology_In_Practice_Aug15_Transformation_in_the_laboratory.pdf. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Introducing the world’s first Laboratory Business Management System" (PDF). InterSystems Corporation. September 2015. http://www.intersystems.com/assets/TrakCare_LBMS_flyer.pdf. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Going Beyond LIMS Seminar: The Journey from LIMS to LBMS". InterSystems Corporation. 2015. http://www.intersystems.com/uk/going-beyond-lims-the-journey-from-lims-to-lbms/. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "HealthShare Unified Care Record". InterSystems Corporation. https://www.intersystems.com/products/healthshare/. Retrieved 07 January 2019.
- "TrakCare". InterSystems Corporation. https://www.intersystems.com/products/trakcare/. Retrieved 07 January 2019.
- "Architecture". InterSystems Corporation. https://www.intersystems.com/products/trakcare/#architecture. Retrieved 07 January 2019.
- "TrakCare Lab Enterprise". InterSystems Corporation. https://www.intersystems.com/products/trakcare/trakcare-lab-enterprise/. Retrieved 07 January 2019.
- "TrakCare Lab Enterprise: Go Beyond the Limits of LIMS" (PDF). InterSystems Corporation. October 2016. https://www.intersystems.com/isc-resources/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2017/01/TrakCare_Lab_Enterprise.pdf. Retrieved 07 January 2019.